The Camblin Apprentice Career Path
We often think of college as an investment in the future, but with increasing costs and little to no career security, it may be time to consider an alternative path.
Apprenticeship at Camblin gives a student four years of practical, on-the-job training, all while earning a paycheck with full-time benefits. When successfully completed, a Camblin apprentice will be ready to be a licensed tradesman, with good paying jobs available just about everywhere (including at Camblin!) and no student loans to pay back. It’s the best way to start out a career that can last a lifetime.
Apprenticeship Program Details
- 400 hours of class training
- 176 hours of online training
- 8000 hours of on-the-job training
- Classes are held during the work day, one day a week for 10 weeks each year.
- Camblin pays for the tuition cost of classes and apprentices in return work for Camblin.
- One-on-one mentoring relationships help apprentices grow their career
- Apprentices work full-time, earning a living and full benefits.
- Upon completion, apprentices are eligible to sit for the Iowa Journeyman Plumbing exam, leading to application for the Journeyman Plumbing license
- Once licensed, an apprentice is eligible to sit for HVAC, Refrigeration, and Hydronics exams without participating in another apprentice program for each discipline. Just study and take the test!
Now I have a sense of purpose and I feel like I’m gonna do something with my life instead of hop around from job to job without learning anything.
Are you ready to apply?
We hope you like what you’ve heard and are excited to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!